Many simple contracts can be accommodated on the approved University’s standard forms without the Office of General Counsel’s (OGC) review:
- Contract for Services Form (PDF). Use for consultants, contractors, special service, etc. and work is being done on campus.
- Local Engagement Agreement Form (PDF). Use for speakers, artists, and performers or anyone who is performing, the event is advertised, or merchandise is being sold.
- Department Templates. Forms created specifically for your Department drafted by OGC.
The following conditions must be satisfied:
- No changes have been made to the form and/or no documentation has been attached to the form.
- The term of the contract is less than one year.
- It is within the department’s signing authority.
- Independent contractor status has been verified by Accounts Payable
If you cannot meet all of the conditions listed above, please submit the contract to OGC for review.
Forms presented to you by outside vendors are sometimes problematic. Typically, these forms have been drafted in a manner designed to provide maximum protection to the vendor, with little or no protections for Boise State. Moreover, they frequently contain provisions (i.e., certain insurance, indemnification, choice of law, jurisdiction, and venue provisions, among others) which the University cannot agree or adhere to. Before agreeing to another party’s form agreement, please first forward the draft agreement to OGC for review.